Thursday, September 25, 2014

Most Anticipated 2014 Fall Releases

I'm pretty sure this was a Top Ten Tuesday topic, but honestly, there aren't ten books I'm that anxious for (fortunately, or I might seriously implode) so the following titles are basically the reasons why I have no fingernails these days.


1. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
So I'm quite convinced by now that you don't even have to know me to be completely aware of the super fangirl tendencies I have towards this series and all things Noah Shaw. I've been waiting for this book for 2+ years (I read Evolution as an ARC, so I can dramatically assure you that yes, the wait actually can be more painful for some. IT HURTS). I've already requested off from work on November 4th, and even have plans for the previous weekend to go out on a hunt to stores that may possibly shelve it early. Fangirl dedication, y'all. Wish me luck.

Releases: November 4, 2014. 
Publisher: Simon and Schuster


2. Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
I just recently started this series (and by casually "starting this series" I mean it's basically become my life) and though I love Gansey it so, I'm glad. These books are already looking to be as big of a pain as my number one here (see above) and there's only so much labored breathing and heart palpitations one can take. For the record, Richard "Dick" Campbell Gansey III is the bestest literary boy ever and I will possibly DIE if anything bad happens to him. (I'm on the floor beggin' you, Stiefvater!)

Releases: October 21, 2014
Publisher: Scholastic


3. Even In Paradise by Chelsey Philpot
Surprisingly, this is a debut, and one I haven't read (surprising because my most anticipated picks are usually books I just KNOW I'm going to love) and from what I've seen/heard it is very Gatsby-ish. And that is basically all I have to know. Also, that cover is a contemporary dream.

Releases: October 14, 2014
Publisher: HarperTeen


4. Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker
I've actually already read this one and really enjoyed it. But alas, I most anticipate owning that gorgeous cover. It's amazing. As for the story, I would recommend it for those who loved April Genevieve Tucholke's Devil books. They definitely have the same ominous, almost whimsical feel to them.

Releases: October 21, 2014
Publisher: HarperTeen


5. Unteachable by Leah Raeder
You should know but probably don't (which is my own fault since I've yet to write/post my review) that I love this book. Yet another I've already read, but this one is even more special besides the pretty cover. I read this as a self-published book and was beyond thrilled when Leah announced it got picked up by Atria. Though I own an e-book, and the physical self-published paperback, I already have this one pre-ordered because this is just one of those books that can never have too much love. I'm also slightly obsessive about owning multiple copies of my favorites if you haven't noticed.

Releases: October 14, 2014
Publisher: Atria


So there you are! Lots of October releases so lucky me, I'm going to be so broke next month. Let me know if you're anticipating any of these or if you've already read them! And I'd love to know what books you're looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!