Wednesday, November 5, 2014

October 2014 Wrap-Up

Ok, so everything I said I'd post about October in October didn't happen. HERE IS WHY.

My October in a nutshell:


My younger brother is a senior this year, so as his last high school football season is wrapping up, I've been a little busy. I live in Texas, remember? So my hometown isn't so different from a Friday Night Lights episode. Except, you know, we're not all that good. Like, at all. Anyway, a lot of last month included lots of games, pep rallies, and drama instead of the pumpkin-filled treats I'd been looking forward to. Even my Halloween was taken over by Game Day.

Also, I've been tackling a lot of new job applications (wish me luck!) and work on top of that, which has not been great at all, hence the applications.

The highlight of the month (besides the many horror movie marathons that were had)...


If you don't already know, I love me some Swift. I think she is the absolute best and this album may just be my favorite of hers yet (and I love Fearless, let me tell ya). And if you agree that Style, track 3, is the bestest tune ever, we can go ahead and be bestest friends. I'm also addicted to Blank Space, Wildest Dreams, Clean, and New Romantics (which I'm convinced is the anthem of my 20s). Basically, the whole album. This has been one of the very few where I'm not manically skipping over tracks to my favorites, because I love them almost all the same.

As for books, the only reading I accomplished was a whole lot of rereading in anticipation of The Retribution of Mara Dyer's release. I CANNOT WAIT YOU GUYS!!
***

As excited as I was for October's arrival, it came and went in the blink of an eye. At least for me. But I'm more than ready for November's greatness, what with Retribution's arrival, pumpkin pies, and Black Friday deals looming ahead. November is more of a quiet month for me, which means lots of reading ahead, which I'm probably looking forward to most. Possibly even actually blogging this time. But I'm making no promises, just crossing my fingers.

photo credits

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!