Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Best Books of 2014

2014 was a great year. Reading-wise, that is. Yeah, there was pretty much zero blogging activity from me and for that, I apologize (I'm thinking a New Year's resolution is in order?), but I did read quite a few GREAT books, and the following titles are ones that I categorize in the AMAZING group.


THE DEBUTS



1. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
THIS BOOK. I read it towards the end of 2013, but still IT COUNTS. As soon as I finished, I declared to any potential read that was listening that it was not only going to be a hard debut to compete with, but book in general. This is a total fresh spin on Beauty and the Beast so if that's your favorite fairy tale, get to it! It also has mythology interwoven that's actually a little more prominent than the fairy tale aspect, which I enjoyed WAY more than I thought I would. It's smart and romantic, with fantastic multifaceted characters and incredible world building, I am BEGGING YOU - pick it up now!

2. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
Any book I gift to people is a all-the-thumbs-up book from me. And I gifted this to two people this year! THIS RIGHT HERE is what I love most about contemporary. It's the ultimate feel-good book, while not being cheesy or fluffy or anything else contemp-haters complain about. I cannot wait for Emery Lord's future books, I already have her next pre-ordered.



BY AUTHORS I LOVE



3. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
I love Morgan Matson and her writing, but something about this book's synopsis had me anticipating it more than I had any of her others. I was so impatient, I snagged an ARC of this one at TLA and AH I AM SO GLAD I DID. There are many books I enjoy, but not too many I feel just... get me, you know? This was one of those. I was/am this main character. One of my Forever Favorites.



SEQUELS




4. Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas
I think every blogger, vlogger, and reader in general has this title on their list. I read Throne of Glass as a little ARC back in the day, loved it, then was completely blown away by Crown of Midnight, but this installment? Sarah J Maas has some serious skill. This is by far one of THE BEST series that is out there and if you haven't started it yet, I would normally congratulate you on holding out long enough for the books to come out so you won't have to PAINFULLY wait for the next one like all of us masochists, but in this case, stop what you're doing right now and go read book one!! The wait will be torture, but we all have each other!! And this is a series that's only more fun to read as it's still being written. THE POSSIBILITIES! Ahh, I neeeeed book 4 already!11!! D:


5. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
At laaaaaast! The final book to what was my current favorite series. This was by far my most anticipated 2014 release, and while it didn't entirely go as I'd expected, I am satisfied. This series was a fresh, unique, hilarious, steamy and at times horrifying story, but only my FAVORITE things are ever described as any of that. If you haven't read book one, do it. Then come fangirl with me. The series is over, but NOAH SHAW LIVES (in my heart!)!!!



Stay tuned for my most anticipated of 2015!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read each and every one of them. They make me happy. SO GIVE MEH YOUR THOUGHTS!